Jobs: Join Brooklyn Crab!
BROOKLYN CRAB, Brooklyn’s biggest water-front-seafood-spot is hiring for select positions for seasonal employment. This fun fast paced high volume venue is looking for hardworking individuals who can handle multi-tasking with focus.
- If interested in applying you MUST APPLY IN PERSON
- Applicants can apply ALL THE TIME please bring in resumes any Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday during business hours, please try to come prior to 5:00 pm.
- Location 24 Reed Street, Red Hook Brooklyn.
- Resumes sent via email, mail, or fax will not be considered. Only in-person applicants considered.
- NO SERVER POSITIONS AVAIL
- Line Cooks
- Prep Cooks
- Kitchen Assistants (un-paid internship with room for advancement)
Pay for each position is very competitive and will be based on applicants’ experience (servers can expect to make between $150 to over $300 per shift)
For front of house staff priority will be given to candidates with the following credentials:
- Experience on Micros or other POS computer system
- 6 mos – 1 year experience in another NYC restaurant (minimum)
- Knowledge of seafood
- Knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits: familiarity with classic cocktail recipes, types of beers, and varietals of wine
- Food Handlers License, and knowledge of NYC Dept of health codes
- Great personality and communication skills
- Team mentality
For back of house staff priority will be given to candidates with the following credentials:
- Food Handlers License and knowledge of NYC Dept of health codes
- Proficiency and cleanliness in the kitchen
- Knowledge of safe handling practices for all foods, especially seafood
- 6 mos – 1 year experience in another NYC restaurant (minimum) in a similar experience to that which you are applying for
- Great personality and communication skills including fluency in English
- Team mentality
Current Staff Can Access Shift Planning Here to View Schedules and Training Documents
Brooklyn Crab Hours
Brooklyn Crab is Open Year Round
Brooklyn Crab is Open 5 Days a Week
Brooklyn Crab is Open Weds, Thursday, and Sunday
11:30AM - 10PM
Brooklyn Crab is Open Friday & Saturday
11:30AM - 11PM
Brooklyn Crab will be closed Thanksgiving Day, open for dinner service at 5:00 the Friday after Thanksgiving. We will also be closed for Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. Open New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. We hope that you, your friends and family enjoy each other, and the holiday season.
Please note there are no Monday specials on Monday holidays (i.e. Memorial Day/Labor Day)